Now that it's getting closer to New Years Eve, don't freak out if you have nothing to do. New Years can be very overrated. Spending New Year's Eve with someone you care about is the best way to go. It could be with a good friend, your kids, even your mother. There's no rule you have to be with a boyfriend, or at a party with wall to wall people who you couldn't care less about. There are several ways to enjoy New Years. Here's a few of my favorites:
* Have a small dinner party at your home with close friends, play games and watch the ball drop at midnight.
* Watch one of my favorites "When Harry Met Sally" with your honey, throw some lobsters in the pot and drink champagne.
* Light a fire, and have sex all night until the ball drops...the one in Times Square!!
* Take a trip to Paris (wouldn't it be nice)
* Go to the Party store and pick up noisemakers, and confetti, and enjoy bringing in the New Year with your kids. You might want to watch the early feed of the ball dropping with them so they don't have to stay up too late.
* Take a trip to New York and stay at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, but make sure you get a room facing the ball...invite a few friends over, order room service and watch the ball drop right in front of you! Pretty cool
* And my favorite is, call everyone you love and wish them a Happy New Year...and then go to bed. That's the easiest, with the least amount of stress.
What ever you decide to do Have a Happy and Healthy 2012!
Lisa Conrad Cohen