Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Dream Vacation!

Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to see Alaska. My vision of Alaska was Eskimos and Penquins. We'll there's a magnificent world which I never knew about.
We left Vancouver, boarded The Navigator and our voyage began. I was blown away at the size of our cabin. Very roomy and modern with a spacious balcony and the most comfortable bed. The highlight for sure is the service and the food. We even have our own private butler. Can you believe it? Our first day at port was Ketchikan where we went through the rain forest in a canoe...boy what a workout that was! We ate smoked salmon and rolls with delicous rasberry jam, clam chowder and the best hot chocolate.
We hiked through the forest and saw a 750 year old tree, quick sand and a banana slug. Did you know if you kiss a banana slug it's good luck? I kissed it three times. It's very cold and slimy. Our tour guide was so passionate the about nature that when he showed us a specific flower he made sure it was placed in the exact spot he took it from. It gave me such a new appreciation to nature.
After our excursion we did some sightseeing and shopping in the town of Ketchikan. Whether your 5 or 55 Alaska is a must! Tomorrow you can read about my helicopter ride through the glaciers and my dog sledding experience.
Cant wait! I'm off to another delicous dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment